Local Businesses - We love what we do, but we honestly couldn’t do it without you. So here’s a couple of really important things you can do, if you’d like to see the local businesses in your area stick around.
- Shop with us!! Now this one may seem obvious, but it really is the most important thing you can do - It’s simple, it’s easy, and even if it’s just spending $5 - It keeps us going. I know money is a thing that a lot of us don't just have an abundance of... but when ya need to buy a gift, or decide its time to treat yourself... instead of helping that corporate buy their 10th holiday home, or sending your hard earned cash overseas... Pop online and have a look at some of the rad businesses doing cool stuff in your area - I promise you'll find something a whole lot more special and you'll feel a whole lot better supporting a fellow Kiwi.
- Give us a little review - This one is massive, we can post all we like about how great our own products are, but at the end of the day, reading a review from a complete stranger who raves on about one of our items - is going to help a whole lot more. So if you have purchased from us and like the products, then pop on to FB (in La Luna’s Case) and give us a little 5 stars and a nice little comment.
- Shout Outs!! Because who didn't love a shout out on What Now as a kid?? Tell your friends, that random lady you spark a convo with in the coffee line, post about us, give us a cheeky little plug in your next story - Most small businesses don’t have the money to advertise big, so we rely on word of mouth... So please, please, never hesitate to share what we do!
- Comment, Tag, Like, Share - Do whatever you like but interact with our posts!! Instagram in run on an algorithm that I quite frankly don’t understand - but basically the more interaction a small business gets on its posts, the more people who will see it! So your double tap or emoji comment, helps us out a bunch!!
- Pop on in - La Luna doesn't have a physical space - just yet... but many small businesses do! These businesses aren't paying rent and stocking their shelves to sit alone all day listening to their well thought out playlist - they want you to come on in and visit!! So do so whenever you can. Alternatively many small businesses like La Luna, will attend markets or have pop up shops. Coming on by after your morning walk and coffee to say hello and buy yourself a little treat, honestly makes a huge difference, gives us the motivation to keep going and helps us to afford the sometimes quite inflated rate of a market stall.
- Send us a kind word - That little message from a friend or complete stranger saying they love what you do - now that is just gold. Trust me, an ear to ear grin is had every time a message like this is received.
Before I sign off, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to all those who have gone out of their way to support La Luna over the past few months. You guys are truely the best and I feel so insanely lucky to have such incredible support around me.