The La Luna Project
The La Luna Project 2020
At the heart of La Luna is the La Luna Project. A portion of each sale we make though La Luna, goes into helping those who need it most. Between 10% - 50% of our sales (depending on the individual product) gets donated back into the La Luna Project.The La Luna Project strives to provide school children around NZ who are living under the poverty line, with the necessities they need to grow, learn and flourish.
Currently we are focusing on the creation and distribution of these packs:
- Period Poverty Care Packs: It’s honestly just plain ridiculous, that this is a problem that many of the wonderful Wahine of Aotearoa face. Feeling comfortable, clean & healthy is a basic human right. These packages include, sanitary items, spare underwear, some gentle handcrafted soap, chocolate & a little information pack with tips on self care etc.
- Snack Packs: Fuelling the brain with regular meals and water, could not be more important to the developmemt of a growing little brain. We want to make sure that no Kiwi Kid is deprived of the basic essentials during their learning day - So we have put together some packs of snacks, that are sure to provide our youth with the energy they need, to get the most out of their learning! These Packs will include 5-6 items made up of a range of healthy, energy filled and most importantly yummy snack foods (Depending on availability).
- Stationary Packs: It's the simple essentials that can get in the way of our children thriving, flourishing and growing in school - No child should be missing out due to a lack of resources. Our stationary packs are designed to set any child up for the new year with essentials such as books, pens, resources, calculators, school bags, lunch boxes and whatever else they may need. During winter we add a rain poncho into these packs as well.
Want to help out? Gift a pack through https://laluna.org.nz/collections/give-a-pack
Flooding in Central Vietnam Victim Fund-Raising 2020
Black Lives Matter Campaign Fundraising 2020
During June, La Luna's Thrifts donated 20% of each sale towards https://blacklivesmatter.com.
This is an incredible movement to fight for Freedom, Liberation, Justice and to fight to end State-sanctioned violence... ending white supremacy forever.
2020 Australian Bush Fire Crisis
February Fundraising with La Luna for the Red Cross AU.
Your donation helps Red Cross give people the support they need in disasters, whenever and wherever they happen.
Valentines Day with Prepair NZ 2020
Prepair NZ is an incredible online community that strives to support young woman to safely navigate their way through safe and healthy relationships both with others and themselves. Started by the wonderful Irene - An expert in emotional abuse and leading advocate of self-love.
This Valentines (Month of Feb) we will be donating towards her incredible organisation through sales of products in our Valentines Collection!
Find out more at https://prepairnz.com
The La Luna Project 2018 & 2019
At the heart of La Luna is the La Luna Project. A portion of each sale we make though La Luna, goes into helping those who need it most.Through pack's developed and created by the La Luna Team during late 2018 and 2019, the La Luna Project is able to provide our Tamariki with the essentials they need to thrive, grow, and flourish. After reaching out to schools, we work out what is needed in certain communities and do our best to provide care packs where and when needed.
1. Period Poverty Care Packs: Packages include, sanitary items, spare underwear, some gentle handcrafted soap, chocolate & a little information pack with tips on self care etc.
2. Snack Packs: These Packs will include 5-6 items made up of a range of healthy, energy filled and most importantly yummy snack foods.
3. Stationary Packs: Packs filled with the essentials such as books, pens, resources, calculators, school bags, lunch boxes and whatever else they may need.
4. Winter Woolies Packs: These packs include a pair of warm socks and a beanie.
The La Luna Project - Christmas Edition 2018 & 2019
Each year La Luna strives to support families who need it most in our communities. Christmas should be a time filled with love, cheer and celebration... and we want to do our part to ensure that all Kiwi's get to experience a little extra aroha during these sometimes testing times.
2018 - We raised much needed funds to support incredible organisations such as Give a Blanket, The Woman's Refuge and The ACM in their efforts to support Kiwi Families over the festive season through housing, gifts and food!
2019 - La Luna created and distributed care packs, food and gifts for families in need this Christmas. In order to make sure that these little parcels really help those who need it - we sent them to both the Auckland City Mission and the De Paul House (St Vinnies).
How we got here?
We started in October 2018! Selling soaps from instagram and donating a portion of each sale we made to our "Passion Project Fund" Which we then donated to a range of charities around NZ such as TWR, The Auckland City Mission and treats for those living tough over Christmas. Inspired by all the amazing kindness being poured out by fellow Kiwis, we wanted to pay it forward with our own Charity! Being a trained Primary School teacher myself, I saw first hand some of the harsh realities our children were facing... and wanted to see a change. And so, the La Luna Project began!