Hemp Yoga Mat
Our hemp yoga mats are made with natural materials, including hemp, cotton and NZ wool. Unlike conventional yoga mats, these mats are made from eco-friendly & biodegradable materials, and if looked after properly - will have a very long life.
- Soft to touch.
- Beautiful Natural Colouring.
- Durable and long lasting.
- Made from natural fibres and materials, the 3 layer system provides both comfort and practicality.
- Option to come with a Hemp Yoga Mat Bag.
- Measures approx 62cm W x 165cm L
How our Mat's are made:
- The top layer consists of a fine hemp cotton material. Being the top of the mat, we have ensured that this layer is soft to touch.
- The middle layer is made from pure NZ wool, which provides thick padding between you and harder surfaces.
- The final layer is made from a courser hemp material, which provides slip resistance on polished wood and concrete surfaces.
Why we use Hemp?
Hemp is one of the most environmentally friendly fabrics currently available, the growth of hemp is carbon negative, and the fibre itself is Biodegradable. Hemp fabric is also stronger and more durable than other fabrics, ageing well - So you will be sure to get lots of use out of products made of hemp.
Where am I made?
Sourced ethically from our dear friend - Bishwas Khatiwada from Nuwakot, Nepal - Through his start up, Helping Hand Handicraft. Bishwas started the Social Enterprise Helping Hands in 2014. His hope was to provide job opportunities and training to Nepali Woman, and to support local entrepreneurs of small enterprises in Nepal.